Homeschooling Encouragement 1: The responsibility to teach and train children is on the parents’ shoulders. … Deuteronomy 6:7 You shall teach [the words of God] diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
What does God say about schooling?
Matthew 6:33 says that above all things in our lives, we should seek God, and everything else will be provided for us. As important as education is, it should never come before your relationship with God.
Are most homeschoolers religious?
According to the Homeschool Legal Defense Association, a Purcellville, Virginia-based Christian group that has frequently brought lawsuits against state and federal schooling authorities on behalf of homeschoolers, about 25 percent of homeschooling families are secular, while roughly two-thirds are Christian.
How do Christians start homeschooling?
Take the First Steps
- Pray. …
- Decide on your philosophy of education. …
- Hire your principal or administrator. …
- Articulate your mission. …
- Determine whether enrollment will be open or closed. …
- Establish your standards. …
- Investigate local and state laws. …
- Evaluate facilities and furnishings.
Do not lean on your own understanding?
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
Do not be anxious about everything?
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
What is a good Bible verse for a child?
1. James 1:27 – “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.” 2. Psalm 145:9 – “The LORD is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made.”
What Scripture says train up a child?
Proverbs 22. A good name is better than riches—Train up a child in the way he should go.
What are the disadvantages of being homeschooled?
- Possibly fewer resources such as technology that may be available in a public school.
- Parents must teach a broad range of subjects. Greater freedom and flexibility requires more time and responsibility from the parent.
- Potentially less structure when compared to public school.
What kind of people homeschool?
The largest portion of homeschool students, nearly 60 percent, are white; followed by 26 percent, Hispanic; 8 percent, black, non-Hispanic; 4 percent other non-Hispanic; and 3 percent Asian or Pacific Islander.
Where do most homeschoolers live?
Latest Demographic Characteristics of Homeschoolers
Of the home-educated families that completed the survey, 34% were reported to live in a suburban area, 31% in a rural location, 28% in a city setting, and 7% in a town.