Another order to read the Bible is to jump back and forth between the Old and New Testaments. For example, read Genesis, then Luke, go back to Exodus, then jump to Acts, etc… Another way is to read them simultaneously. For example, read a few chapters of Genesis and a few chapters of Luke each day.
What order should you read the Bible?
Most people should not read the Bible in order. It is better to start with the books that give an effective overview of the main message of the Bible. This works best for most people because the books of the Bible are not all arranged in the actual order of events.
Which Bible is the easiest to read?
The Holy Bible: Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) is an English translation of the Bible compiled by the World Bible Translation Center. It was originally published as the English Version for the Deaf (EVD) by BakerBooks.
How can I make reading the Bible fun?
- Listen to sermons. They can always teach you something new, and give you a deeper rock-solid interpretation to certain stories, quotes lines in the Bible. …
- Make sure you are in a quiet or calm place to read it. …
- If you can, read the New King James Version. …
- Don’t rush through the Bible.
How do you read the entire Bible in a year?
5 Steps to Use a Bullet Journal to Read the Bible in a Year
- Step 1: Choose a One-Year Bible Reading Plan. …
- Step 2: Create a 12-Month Bullet Journal Bible Reading Tracker. …
- Step 3: Write the Bible Readings Weekly or Monthly. …
- Step 4: Check Off Days and Weeks of Readings As You Go.
Is Bible hard to read?
The Bible is a large book, a collection of 66 books, written by about 40 authors over a period of 1600 years. It’s originally written in 3 different languages and includes several literary genres. The variety and scope of the Bible make it a challenging book to read.
Is NIV good for beginners?
Each version presents thought for thought translation and helps to provide in-depth study as well as personal development making each the best bible for beginners to understand! … The NIV is the most-read version of the English bible.