The Bible neither favors nor forbids the process of cremation. Nevertheless, many Christians believe that their bodies would be ineligible for resurrection if they are cremated. This argument, though, is refuted by others on the basis of the fact that the body still decomposes over time after burial.
Is it a sin to be cremated?
A: In the Bible, cremation is not labeled a sinful practice. … Some biblical references of burning a person with fire seem to suggest the type of life they lived – the enemies of God and God’s laws were promptly cremated as a form of capital punishment.
What Scripture talks about cremation?
1 Corinthians 13:3 – And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 2 Kings 23:20 – All the priests of the high places who were there, he slaughtered on the altars, and burned human bones on them; then he returned to Jerusalem.
Is it better to be buried or cremated?
Direct cremations are more cost-effective than direct burials as they do not require embalming. … Cremation is a simpler process that also helps save ground space, but it is not so in case of burial. Nevertheless, both are regarded as safe ways of dealing with the dead body.
Does the body feel pain during cremation?
When someone dies, they don’t feel things anymore, so they don’t feel any pain at all.” If they ask what cremation means, you can explain that they are put in a very warm room where their body is turned into soft ashes—and again, emphasize that it is a peaceful, painless process.
What are the disadvantages of cremation?
Disadvantages of Cremation
- A cremation does not allow for a permanent installation for memorial and mourning. …
- Cremations are frowned upon in some religious circles by the church.
- Crematoriums release a considerable amount of CO2 and pollution into the atmosphere.
Which religions do not believe in cremation?
Which Major Religions Discourage or Are Against Cremation?
- Islam. Islam strictly prohibits its followers from cremating the remains of a Muslim. …
- Mormons. Mormons don’t prohibit cremation, but it is not encouraged, either. …
- Presbyterian/Eastern Orthodox Church. …
- Orthodox Jews.